1 cup plain flour (you can use a gluten free flour blend)
1 tsp dried onion granules
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp Sunflower & Sal slow roasted sunflower seed butter
2 tsp flax seeds
3 tbsp aquafaba*
½ cup non-dairy milk
½ cup sunflower seeds (shelled)
3-4 spring onions (sliced)
1 tsp garlic, minced
¼ cup shredded parmesan style cheese (about 25 g)
2 tbsp fresh parsley (leaves picked and chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease and line a muffin pan with
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, onion granules,
baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the sunflower seed butter, flax
seeds, aquafaba and milk until smooth and creamy, a
about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of
the bowl as needed.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little at a
time and whisk until just combined.
5. Fold in the sunflower seeds, spring onions, garlic,
parmesan and parsley.
6. Spoon the batter evenly into each cupcake case, filling
each to the top. Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or
until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan,
then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
*Aquafaba – the liquid drained from a tin of chickpeas.